GE says it may face U.S. action over subprime mortgage operations
NEW YORK - General Electric Co faces potential action by the U.S. Justice Department over allegations that its GE Capital unit and now defunct WMC Mortgage Corp unit violated U.S. law in connection with subprime mortgages, according to a regulatory filing on Friday.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Reuters"
- Futures flat as oil gains offset chipmaker falls
- Farfetch tops price range in IPO in boon to luxury market
- Receding trade fears help stocks hit six-month high
- Danske Bank money laundering 'giga scandal' spreads to Britain
- French minister optimistic over buyer for Ford Blanquefort plant
- SandRidge says interim CEO not in race for top job
- At U.N. podium, Trump to tout protecting U.S. sovereignty
- Ebbing trade worries push stocks to highest in over half a year
- British links to Danske money laundering under investigation
- Britain's crime agency investigating UK links to scandal-hit Danske Bank
- Asian stocks extend recovery, China rallies on stimulus hopes
- Wells Fargo to cut headcount by 5-10 percent in next three years
- Caterpillar leans on old playbook to cope with Trump tariffs
- Democrats' enthusiasm to blunt Trump soars for congressional election: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Fed's Powell between a rock and hard place: Ignore the yield curve or tight job market?
- At Las Vegas rally, Trump backs Kavanaugh, treads carefully around accusations
- Facebook to drop on-site support for political campaigns
- Walmart warns Trump tariffs may force price hikes: letter
- Asian stocks extend recovery as trade worries take back seat
- Google staff discussed tweaking search results to counter travel ban: WSJ
The headlines of News BreaK
3 children and 3 adults wounded in early-morning knife attack at New York...
Six people, including three children, are in New York hospitals with knife wounds, after an incident at a daycare in Queens at 3:40 a.m. on Friday morning. Police told NBC that...
Won, won and won! Browns beat Jets for first win since 2016
It's been 635 days since the Browns last won a regular season game
Trump questions why Kavanaugh accuser didn't call FBI after alleged assault
On Thursday, President Donald Trump questioned why the woman who has accused his Supreme Court pick of sexual assault didn't call the police 36 years ago.
Vietnam's president dies at 61 after ‘serious illness'
HANOI, Vietnam - Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang has died. He was 61. The official Vietnam News Agency says Quang died at the 108 Military Hospital in Hanoi on Friday due...
'A popular little girl': 9-year-old with diabetes dies after blood sugar...
The fifth-grader is an organ donor, so while she's gone, she can help other children.
'I was looking for help and no one came'; Puerto Ricans remember horrors of...
Thursday marks one year since Hurricane Maria destroyed parts of Puerto Rico.
Video: Pickup truck driver leads police on chase, ‘drinking beer as he stopped'
Video showed him extend his hands out of the truck's window to surrender, eventually dropping both cans in his hands.
For Kavanaugh, path forward could be like Clarence Thomas'
WASHINGTON - When Clarence Thomas arrived at the Supreme Court in 1991 after a bruising confirmation hearing in which his former employee Anita Hill accused him of sexual...
Tanzania ferry sinks in Lake Victoria, leaving scores dead
KAMPALA, Uganda - Rescue efforts resumed Friday morning after a Tanzanian passenger ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, and the death toll, already near 90, was expected to rise.
Report: Benedict defends 'emeritus pope' title to critic
BERLIN - A German newspaper that quoted letters by Benedict XVI hitting back at criticism of his 2013 resignation said Friday that he was responding to a conservative German...