Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko booked for UFC 231
Photos: Best of Joanna Jedrzejczyk view 31 images
UFC 231 now is headlined by two title fights.
The promotion today announced a women's flyweight title fight between champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Valentina Shevchenko for the Dec. 8 pay-per-view event, which takes place at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto.
The women's flyweight title fight adds to UFC 231's expected headliner, which features featherweight champ Max Holloway defending his belt against Brian Ortega .
It's Shevchenko's second crack at the women's flyweight title after a scheduled title fight against Nicco Montano at UFC 228 was canceled when Montano suffered health complications due to a weight cut. The UFC subsequently stripped her of the title and earmarked Shevchenko for an immediate title shot.
Earlier this month, Jedrzejczyk expressed interest in facing Shevchenko despite earlier vows to stay in her longtime strawweight division. Before signing on, the...
The last Posts from "MMAjunkie"
- UFC on ESPN 1 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
- Photos: Best of Thiago 'Marreta' Santos
- USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA rankings, Feb. 19: Francis Ngannou's resurgence continues
- UFC commentator Joe Rogan plans to call pay-per-views only in ESPN era
- After appeal, Cat Zingano's UFC 232 loss to Megan Anderson upheld by CSAC
- Former UFC title challenger Yushin Okami signs with ONE Championship
- Watch MMAjunkie Radio here with Andre Fili and Neil Melanson
- Twitter reacts to Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya interim title fight at UFC 236
- Hashtag Files: A close examination of John Dodson's social media presence
- Israel Adesanya vs. Kelvin Gastelum set for UFC 236 with interim title at stake
- Daily Debate: Is Francis Ngannou winning or Cain Velasquez losing the bigger deal?
- UFC's Jake Collier accepts 10-month suspension from USADA, claims 'simple mistake'
- Why worry about being normal? Bellator's Valerie Loureda knows she was 'born special'
- Coach: Cain Velasquez never said anything about tweaking his knee during open workout
- Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Cain Velasquez after UFC on ESPN 1 loss?
- Luke Sanders couldn't walk normally before UFC on ESPN 1, but he wouldn't miss his chance
- Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Francis Ngannou and UFC on ESPN 1's other key winners?
- Manny Bermudez admits even he's surprised by current winning streak, wants Sean O'Malley next
- Emily Whitmire broke a record at UFC on ESPN 1, but not before totally freaking out
- MMA's week out of the cage: Mike Perry gets engaged, fighters on 'Family Feud'
The headlines of News BreaK
Vladimir Putin warns US of new Russian weapons during speech
President Vladimir Putin says Russia will target new weapons at the United States should it deploy new intermediate-range missiles in Europe following Washington's withdrawal...
Trump Threatens To Cancel California's $929 Million High Speed Rail Grant
The president is in a Twitter war with California Gov. Gavin Newsom over the rail project and the president's emergency declaration to build a border wall.
Nick Sandmann's lawyers file $250 million lawsuit against Washington Post
The lawyers for the family of Nicholas Sandmann have filed a lawsuit against The Washington Post, seeking $250 million in both compensatory and punitive damages.
Trump nominates Jeffrey Rosen for deputy attorney general
WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump on Tuesday nominated Jeffrey Rosen, a longtime litigator and deputy transportation secretary, to replace Rod Rosenstein as deputy attorney...
Vladimir Putin focuses on social issues in state-of-the-nation speech
MOSCOW - President Vladimir Putin says in a state-of-the-nation address that Russia needs to focus on raising living standards. Speaking on Wednesday before lawmakers and top...
Don Newcombe, Former Baseball MVP, Dead At 92
In 1956, the Dodgers' pitching great won both the MVP and the Cy Young award
Civilians evacuated from last Islamic State holdout in Syria
BAGHOUZ, Syria - A convoy of trucks carrying civilians has left the last enclave held by Islamic State militants in eastern Syria. An Associated Press team says at least eight...
Britain is stripping a teen ISIS bride of her citizenship, and she could end...
Shamima Begum, a 19-year-old who fled her home in London to join ISIS, has been trying to return to Britain. But the UK says she is a national security threat. On Tuesday, it...
In Nigeria, film stars deploy to plead for election peace
KANO, Nigeria - As emergencies go, it had a catchy tune. Faced with a Nigerian election that could spiral into violence, some in the popular film industry known as Kannywood...
Burberry apologizes after sending noose sweatshirt down runway
A model called out the brand's "offensive" piece after walking show.