Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko booked for UFC 231
Photos: Best of Joanna Jedrzejczyk view 31 images
UFC 231 now is headlined by two title fights.
The promotion today announced a women's flyweight title fight between champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Valentina Shevchenko for the Dec. 8 pay-per-view event, which takes place at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto.
The women's flyweight title fight adds to UFC 231's expected headliner, which features featherweight champ Max Holloway defending his belt against Brian Ortega .
It's Shevchenko's second crack at the women's flyweight title after a scheduled title fight against Nicco Montano at UFC 228 was canceled when Montano suffered health complications due to a weight cut. The UFC subsequently stripped her of the title and earmarked Shevchenko for an immediate title shot.
Earlier this month, Jedrzejczyk expressed interest in facing Shevchenko despite earlier vows to stay in her longtime strawweight division. Before signing on, the...
The last Posts from "MMAjunkie"
- UFC striking standout Edson Barboza laments 4-year-old son's love of jiu-jitsu over kickboxing
- Ahead of UFC 232 rematch, watch first Jon Jones-Alexander Gustafsson bloody battle in full
- Nainoa Dung gets multi-fight Bellator deal after debut TKO win in Hawaii
- UFC reveals 'Trifecta Fight Prep' nutritional support program for athletes in fight camp
- Anderson Silva: UFC 234 opponent Israel Adesanya is 'super talented,' but not new version of me
- Sean O'Connell wants MMA fans to pay attention to PFL, see what they're missing
- USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA rankings, Dec. 18: Iaquinta, Macfarlane make major moves
- Drakkar Klose didn't take Bobby Green's weigh-in antics, insults personally
- UFC Milwaukee 'Fight Motion': Edson Barboza's destruction of Dan Hooker more brutal in slo-mo
- Multiple steroids net Stefan Sekulic two-year USADA suspension
- In Trump's America, is UFC fighter Ben Askren a voice of reason?
- PFL championship preview: Vinny Magalhaes, Sean O'Connell battle for $1 million at light heavyweight
- Bellator Hawaii winner Nainoa Dung says he's what big promotions need: 'the next superstars'
- Why UFC on FOX 31 winner Zak Ottow had a hunch he'd be a late replacement
- Bellator Hawaii's best moments: 8 from the 808
- Daily Debate results: Whose star shined brightest between big UFC-Bellator weekend?
- Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio 2818 with Valentina and Antonina Shevchenko
- Watch MMAjunkie Radio here with Kayla Harrison and Derek Brunson
- Juliana Velasquez expects title shot vs. Ilima-Lei Macfarlane after Bellator 212 win
- Rob Font: Size made difference against Sergio Pettis at UFC on FOX 31
The headlines of News BreaK
Senate overwhelmingly passes criminal justice overhaul
The Senate has passed a sweeping criminal justice bipartisan overhaul, giving President Donald Trump a victory as Congress nears its holiday break.
Trump declares defeat of ISIS in Syria as US reportedly plans total...
The US is planning a total withdrawal of its military forces from Syria, where they are nearing the end of the campaign to retake all of the territory once held by ISIS...
Report: Facebook shared private messages with partners
Facebook gave some companies more extensive access to users' personal data than it has previously revealed, letting them read private messages or see the names of friends...
Trump declares victory over ISIS as the US prepares to pull all 2,000 troops...
President Donald Trump announced Wednesday morning that the US has defeated ISIS, which he says was the only reason US troops are in Syria. His declaration of victory comes...
Senate to vote Wednesday on bill to avert government shutdown
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says he'll be introducing a stopgap measure to continue funding the government until Feb. 8 to avert a government shutdown.
UK opposition leader denies calling PM May ‘stupid woman'
LONDON - Britain's main opposition leader is facing calls to apologize after he was accused of calling Prime Minister Theresa May a “stupid woman” in the House of Commons...
NFL Draft 2019: Michigan LB Devin Bush to forgo senior year
The 20-year-old was named the Big Ten's Defensive Player of the Year and a consensus All-American this season.
'I thought I was a goner': Rare tornado damages homes in Washington state
A strong tornado touched down in Washington state, heavily damaging several homes and toppling trees.
Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald says Sunday may be final home game
The veteran wide receiver has "no clue" whether he will retire or return to play another season.
The Latest: 1st signing-day surprise as Michigan beats Bama
The Latest on the first day of the early college football signing period :