Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko booked for UFC 231
Photos: Best of Joanna Jedrzejczyk view 31 images
UFC 231 now is headlined by two title fights.
The promotion today announced a women's flyweight title fight between champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Valentina Shevchenko for the Dec. 8 pay-per-view event, which takes place at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto.
The women's flyweight title fight adds to UFC 231's expected headliner, which features featherweight champ Max Holloway defending his belt against Brian Ortega .
It's Shevchenko's second crack at the women's flyweight title after a scheduled title fight against Nicco Montano at UFC 228 was canceled when Montano suffered health complications due to a weight cut. The UFC subsequently stripped her of the title and earmarked Shevchenko for an immediate title shot.
Earlier this month, Jedrzejczyk expressed interest in facing Shevchenko despite earlier vows to stay in her longtime strawweight division. Before signing on, the...
The last Posts from "MMAjunkie"
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Artem Lobov breakdown: What to expect from BKFC 6 headliner
- No longer embarrassed by epic KO loss, Chan Sung Jung finds peace before UFC Greenville
- Watch MMA Junkie Radio here with Artem Lobov and Ian Joy
- ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong happy to co-promote with UFC - and only UFC
- Bellator champ Gegard Mousasi's plan: Defend his belt, then go hunting for another
- Spoiler alert: All positive before Bellator London, James Gallagher simply 'can't connect with the hate'
- MMA Junkie Rankings Report, June 19: Breaking down Bellator 222 aftermath
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Jennifer Maia rematch booked for UFC on ESPN 4
- Daily Debate results: Which Dana White's Contender Series alum has best shot at UFC title?
- UFC champ Henry Cejudo undergoes shoulder surgery, out for rest of year
- Punahele Soriano admits he was worried he wouldn't get UFC deal
- With Sara McMann out, Julianna Pena targeted to fight Nicco Montano at UFC on ESPN+ 13
- Underdog status fueled Yorgan De Castro's fire at DWCS 17: 'I came to prove everyone wrong'
- ESPY Awards to feature MMA-specific 'Best Fighter' category for first time
- Injury scratches Sara McMann from UFC on ESPN+ 13
- Stream or download MMA Junkie Radio 2943 with Juan Archuleta, Chris Leben
- Photos: Best of Dana White's Contender Series 17
- Dana White: 'Massive event' with Robert Whittaker vs. Israel Adesanya will 'blow the doors off' Australia
- Brendan Loughnane peed blood after DWCS win, denied UFC contract because of takedown
- Justin Willis' manager says he'll take one-fight deal to fight Tai Tuivasa: 'There's enough heat behind it for it to happen'
The headlines of News BreaK
Nearly 15 million Americans have reportedly used marijuana, then driven in...
In the past month, nearly 15 million Americans have used marijuana, then gotten behind the wheel within an hour, AAA says.
Study: More American women are using marijuana while pregnant
While the health effects of marijuana on a fetus have not yet been established, they could include developmental problems and low birth weight, according to the U.S. Centers...
Prosecutors say Ortiz was not intended target of shooting
The Dominican Republic's lead prosecutor said Wednesday former Red Sox slugger David Ortiz was not the target of a shooting in a nightclub in his hometown on June 9.
Driver accused of intentionally running over pregnant woman pushing...
“Our hearts are completely shattered," a family member said.
Authorities: Syrian national arrested after making plans to attack...
The man was planning an attack in the name of ISIS, authorities said.
'It's the parents who have to grow up': Adults cited after brawl at...
The 7-year-old players watched the whole scene play out nearby, police said.
Iran Shoots Down U.S. Spy Drone It Says Was In Its Airspace
U.S. officials confirm that a drone was downed by a surface-to-air missile, but over international airspace above the Strait of Hormuz. (Image credit: Handout/U.S. Naval Air...
Federal Reserve holds steady on rates but signals possible cuts ahead
The US Federal Reserve held interest rates steady on Wednesday but signaled possible rate cuts of as much as half a percentage point over the remainder of this year, as it...
Interpol's ex-president confesses to taking bribes in Chinese court
BEIJING - Former Interpol President Meng Hongwei confessed to accepting more than $2 million in bribes and expressed regret for his crime, a Chinese court said Thursday. The...
Broken nose and black eye can't stop Nationals' Max Scherzer
WASHINGTON - With a broken nose, pronounced black eye and seven shutout innings, Max Scherzer provided a striking capper to the Washington Nationals' day-night doubleheader...