Conor McGregor reminds us why he's MMA's best salesman - of both fights and whiskey
Admit it, you missed him.
You missed the antics and the showmanship. You missed the bizarre insults that can somehow start on a Brooklyn loading dock and wind through the whole of the Caucasus before ending up back in 17th century Ireland. You missed the fact that even when his fans can't get in, his whiskey can.
Admit it, you missed Conor McGregor. You know, in your own way.
At Thursday's UFC 229 press conference in New York City, the former UFC lightweight and featherweight champ was even on his version of his best behavior.
Related Conor McGregor's most memorable quotes from UFC 229 news conference
He didn't throw anything at current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov , which was a major improvement from their last encounter in the Big Apple.
At least physically, the most aggressive thing McGregor did was offer Nurmagomedov some whiskey in a plastic cup, only to be rebuffed on religious grounds. He somehow managed to smuggle in multiple glass bottles and didn't smash a single one of them. It's...
The last Posts from "MMAjunkie"
- Francis Ngannou's secret to his rebound? Rediscovering the fun
- Junior Dos Santos says he deserves title shot if he beats Francis Ngannou, but won't wait on it
- Dana White wants Jon Jones' DQ loss overturned, Joe Rogan agrees, Matt Hammill responds
- Eryk Anders enters UFC on ESPN 3 with intent to right the ship
- Anthony Rocco Martin thrilled to fight Demian Maia, but only to a certain extent
- Watch MMA Junkie Radio here at 8 p.m. ET with Thiago Santos
- UFC on ESPN 3 pre-event facts: Demian Maia latest to join UFC's 30-fight club
- Opportunity knocks for Brendan Loughnane, who reveals 'plenty of offers' after UFC snub
- UFC bantamweight contender Petr Yan sidelined after elbow surgery
- Miguel Baeza disappointed despite getting UFC contract at DWCS 18
- Dual Bellator champ Ryan Bader's defense plan mixes big names with rightful contenders
- UFC's Desmond Green jailed on 20 charges, including DUI manslaughter, after deadly crash
- Geoff Neal to fight Niko Price at UFC 240 in Edmonton
- Daily Debate results: Does Colby Covington vs. Robbie Lawler make sense over a title shot?
- NAC grants Jon Jones license to fight Thiago Santos at UFC 239
- Diego Sanchez sounds serious about a 'good death' in the cage. Should we be concerned?
- Dana White's Contender Series 18: Grading the winners
- Stream or download MMA Junkie Radio 2948 with Colby Covington
- UFC 239: Herb Dean set as referee for Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos title fight
- Dana White on Contender Series signings for UFC: 'You can't get in here unless I see everything'
The headlines of News BreaK
Foul ball that struck toddler at Houston Astros' game cracked her skull...
The 2-year-old girl struck by a foul ball last month during a Chicago Cubs' game against the Astros in Houston sustained a fracture skull, subdural bleeding, brain contusions...
Dixie Chicks announce first new album in 13 years
It's been 13 years since the country group released their last album, "Taking the Long Way," which won the Grammy for album of the year.
Pirates draft pick wins College World Series with Vanderbilt
2 more deputies fired for inaction after Parkland school shooting
Two additional deputies have been fired for their inaction after the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, that killed 17 people.
Democrats clash in 2020's opening debate, aiming at Trump
MIAMI - Democrats face off in a prime-time fight Wednesday night in the first debate of the 2020 presidential campaign, the unofficial starting line for the party's quest to...
New law in Kentucky will allow concealed carry for gun owners without permit...
The Kentucky law takes effect Thursday.
Altidore scores in first start in 20 months, US tops Panama
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - Jozy Altidore scored on an overhead kick in his first start for the national team in 20 months, lifting the United States over Panama 1-0 Wednesday night as...
‘BORING!' says Trump as Democrats argue if Russia or climate change pose...
The first Democratic debate saw 10 largely-interchangeable candidates square off to trade platitudes in a free-for-all plagued with technical difficulties, mysterious shifts...
12-year-old girl contracts flesh-eating infection during Florida beach vacation
"If it wasn't for the quick responses and aggressive treatments, I wouldn't have her," Brown said.
Julian Castro managed to break from the pack and dominate the stage at the...
The first 2020 Democratic primary debate featured candidates sharing the stage for the first time. Some candidates managed to break from the pack, but none more than former HUD...