Conor McGregor reminds us why he's MMA's best salesman - of both fights and whiskey
Admit it, you missed him.
You missed the antics and the showmanship. You missed the bizarre insults that can somehow start on a Brooklyn loading dock and wind through the whole of the Caucasus before ending up back in 17th century Ireland. You missed the fact that even when his fans can't get in, his whiskey can.
Admit it, you missed Conor McGregor. You know, in your own way.
At Thursday's UFC 229 press conference in New York City, the former UFC lightweight and featherweight champ was even on his version of his best behavior.
Related Conor McGregor's most memorable quotes from UFC 229 news conference
He didn't throw anything at current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov , which was a major improvement from their last encounter in the Big Apple.
At least physically, the most aggressive thing McGregor did was offer Nurmagomedov some whiskey in a plastic cup, only to be rebuffed on religious grounds. He somehow managed to smuggle in multiple glass bottles and didn't smash a single one of them. It's...
The last Posts from "MMAjunkie"
- Daniel Cormier downplays risk of UFC 230 title fight: 'Do I really have all that much to lose?'
- Conor McGregor has no problem fighting 'next in line' to get Khabib Nurmagomedov rematch
- What if the Ben Askren-to-UFC dream isn't completely dead?
- How to MMA: Antonio Carlos Junior breaks down his notoriously effective rear-naked choke
- Jon Jones says critics who call him a cheater just don't want to give him credit. Is he right?
- 'Baby Fedor' signs with Bellator, meets Adam Keresh in Israel in November
- Bellator's Dillon Danis still pissing people off - now, it's fellow grappling ace Gilbert Burns
- Did Joe Rogan and marijuana lead Jon Jones to Jackson Wink MMA?
- Watch MMAjunkie Radio here with Frank Mir, Steven Siler and Marc Montoya
- Video: This heavyweight's highlight-reel KO may only be topped by the referee's smooth stoppage
- UFC on FOX 31 poster drops with 'The Motown Phenom' vs. 'Raging Al'
- Daily Debate results: Which remaining 2018 MMA event are you most anticipating?
- UFC commentator Jon Anik inks four-year contract extension with promotion
- Ex-Bellator champ Phil Davis fine with beating 'young lions' like Vadim Nemkov to keep spot in line
- Leg-lock master Masakazu Imanari added to Friday's ONE Championship 82
- Trading Shots: Is the superfight obsession a symptom or a disease?
- Video: Ahead of UFC Moncton, check out Anthony Smith's devastating finish of 'Shogun' Rua
- John Gotti III returns to cage at next month's CES MMA 53
- The loss that proved to be one of the lowest points, but greatest things of Anthony Smith's career
- Russian prospect Nikolay Aleksakhin eyes big opportunities in upcoming free agency
The headlines of News BreaK
WWE wrestler Roman Reigns announces he has leukemia again
The WWE star will be taking time off from the ring to fight cancer.
Judge upholds Monsanto weed killer verdict, but cuts award to $78 million
A jury in August ruled the popular weed killer caused a California school groundskeeper's cancer.
Supreme Court Blocks Commerce Secretary Questioning In Census Lawsuits For Now
The Supreme Court granted the Trump administration's request to temporarily shield Wilbur Ross from facing questioning under oath in challenges to the 2020 census citizenship...
Florence County deputy dies weeks after mass shooting
A relative has confirmed that Farrah Turner, one of the Florence County Sheriff's Office deputies injured in a mass shooting on Oct. 3, died Monday evening.
One Milwaukee man's tweet sends millions to voter registration site
A Twitter post from Marquette University's social media director has gone viral and become part of a national movement. Tim Cigelske saw an opportunity when Ariana Grande and...
'Wonder Woman' sequel pushed back to summer 2020
The world will have to wait a little longer for the "Wonder Woman" sequel, which will now arrive in theaters in summer 2020.
Trump blasts caravan, says he's cutting Central American aid
It was unclear whether the president's tweets had any policy implications.
Cowboys try to save season with Amari Cooper blockbuster
Jon Gruden is sending another talented weapon packing for another big return. The Raiders and Cowboys have agreed on a trade that will send Amari Cooper to the Cowboys for a...
Three takeaways from the Falcons' win over the Giants
Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan played through pressure and pushed the Falcons to a 23-20 win over New York at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Roman Reigns diagnosed with leukemia, taking leave from WWE
Roman Reigns announces that he has been diagnosed with leukemia and vacates the WWE Universal Championship to go fight the disease.