Brendan Allen, Tim Hiley preview LFA 50 main event with Phoenix Carnevale
LFA will make a little history tonight with its 50th event in 20 months.
LFA 50 takes place tonight at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel in Prior Lake, Minn. The main card airs on AXS TV.
LFA 50 features a vacant 185-pound championship bout in the main event with Brendan Allen (9-3) vs. Tim Hiley (7-0) fighting for the strap. LFA's middleweight belt again needs a titleholder after yet another champion signed with the UFC. All four 185-pound champs in the promotion's history have gone on to the UFC: Eryk Anders, Markus Perez, Anthony Hernandez and Ian Heinisch.
Allen, a 22-year-old from Louisiana, will get his third crack at a vacant LFA belt in just a little more than a year. At LFA 14, he lost a decision to Anders for the belt. Hiley has back-to-back wins in his first two fights for the promotion. In March, he stopped Willie Whitehead with a TKO in the second round at LFA 34. In June at LFA 41, he took a decision from Tyler Vogel to stay perfect at 7-0.
Ahead of the headlining clash, AXS TV Fights' Phoenix Carnevale...
The last Posts from "MMAjunkie"
- PFL 2019, Week 2 photos: Lance Palmer earns decisive decision over Alex Gilpin
- PFL 2019, Week 2 results: Lance Palmer earns one-sided decision over Alex Gilpin
- UFC 25 video: 'Blackout: The Story of the Political Crusade to Keep UFC Off TV'
- Video: Check out Movlid Khaybulaev's devastating flying-knee KO at PFL 2
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Cory Sandhagen on tap for UFC 241
- Watch MMA Junkie Radio here with Nick Newell, Aljamain Sterling
- Robson Gracie Jr. set for second pro MMA fight at Bellator 222 in New York
- Photos: Conor McGregor through the years
- PFL 2019, Week 2 live results
- UFC parent company Endeavor files paperwork to go public
- Twitter Mailbag: Are Khabib Nurmagomedov and his manager tempting the MMA gods?
- 11 Conor McGregor quotes that will always stand out
- Jim Ross debates Ronda Rousey's contribution to WWE vs. Brock Lesnar's to UFC
- Stream or download MMA Junkie Radio 2925 with Jim Ross, Ian Heinisch, Yves Edwards
- Catching up with defending PFL champion Natan Schulte
- Daniel Cormier has the best response to ESPN's Snapchat baby filter photos of fighters
- Sage Northcutt shares update from hospital, says he's getting better after facial surgery
- Why Damon Jackson chose PFL over Dana White's Contender Series
- Rena Kubota vs. Lindsey VanZandt added to Bellator 222 as another Rizin-Bellator crossover
- Ronys Torres out of PFL 2019: Week 2 due to NYSAC issue; Ramsey Nijem gets walkover win
The headlines of News BreaK
Trump orders intel agencies to assist attorney general with review of Russia...
President Donald Trump is directing more focus on examining the origins of the Russia investigation.
US charges WikiLeaks founder with publishing classified info
WASHINGTON - The U.S. filed new charges Thursday against Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, accusing him of placing the United States at risk of “serious harm” by publishing...
Man says someone broke into his home and cleaned it
The intruder scrubbed the shower and toilets and even left origami roses made from toilet paper, the homeowner said.
Why migrant children are dying at the border in record numbers
Last September, a 10-year-old girl from El Salvador died in U.S. custody, but news of her death was only publicly reported for the first time on Wednesday - eight months...
NBA playoffs 2019: 3 takeaways from Raptors' Game 5 road win over Bucks
Toronto traveled to Milwaukee for Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals and defeated the Bucks 105-99.
Twins tie team record with eight HRs to continue record pace
A New York Yankees home run record already is in danger of being broken, and if it happens, Matt Harvey could be partly to blame. Miguel Sano and Jonathan Schoop each hit two...
Trump moves to escalate investigation of intel agencies
WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump has directed the U.S. intelligence community to “quickly and fully cooperate” with Attorney General William Barr's investigation of the...
Disabled woman who gave birth after alleged rape may have been pregnant before
A severely disabled woman who gave birth at an Arizona healthcare facility - weeks before a former nurse was charged with raping her - had likely been pregnant before...
Senate passes bill cracking down on robocalls
The legislation would impose stiffer fines of as much as $10,000 per call on robocallers.
‘American Taliban' released from prison after 17 years
The man who became known as the “American Taliban” after his battlefield capture in Afghanistan in 2001 is being released from prison.