Roads Buckle In Heat Wave, Air Advisory Issued
MINNEAPOLIS - The Memorial Day weekend heat wave is causing some roads to buckle in Minnesota.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation said that the extreme heat is causing some pavement to expand.
“Pavement buckles can be very dangerous for motorists. Try not to drive over a buckle if possible. Instead, slow down and safely move into another lane,” MnDOT tweeted.
Record high temperatures were recorded Sunday across Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas.
The heat took its toll on many roads. Photos posted to Twitter showed Minnehaha Avenue buckled at 46th Street South in Minneapolis.
In Wisconsin, the southbound lane of Interstate 41 near Fond du Lac was shut down for about two hours after the concrete broke apart. In South Dakota, a similar situation was reported along Interstate 90 near Chamberlain.
Several cities have opened up cooling centers, including in Rock County, Wisconsin, and the Twin Cities metro area.
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has issued an air quality alert for Monday,...
The last Posts from "CBS"
- Who Is Playing Fantasy Sports?
- WCCO Viewers' Choice For Best Cappuccino In Minnesota
- State Patrol: Driver Hits, Critically Injures Pedestrian In Cokato
- Tornado Warnings Reported In Southern Minnesota
- Fmr. Wetterling Case Suspect Dan Rassier Still Plans To Sue Investigators
- ‘We're Not Stupid': Wetterling Case FBI Agent Fires Back At Sheriff
- Key Takeaways From Jacob Wetterling Files Release
- Minnesota National Guard Red Bulls Getting Deployed To Kuwait
- Paulsen Ad Quotes WCCO's Pat Kessler Out Of Context
- Explosion At Metal-Matic In Minneapolis Ruled Accidental
- Stearns Co. Sheriff Blasts Early Stage Of Wetterling Investigation
- Viral McDonald's Pranksters Rewarded With Big Check
- Young And The Restless Welcomes A New Family To Genoa City
- Wells Fargo To Cut Thousands Of Jobs Over Next 3 Years
- 3-Year-Old Struck & Killed By 80-Year-Old Driver After Running Into Traffic
- Ross Tucker: ‘Surreal To Wear CBS Blazer, Really Looking Forward To It'
- 400-Pound Man Who Crushed Grandson To Death Found Not Guilty
- Nice Ride Minnesota To Give Out Free Day Pass Friday
- Former Gopher Football Player Nick Connelly Dies Of Cancer
- Report: Mom Arrested After Allegedly Stealing Daughter's Cell Phone
The headlines of News BreaK
Won, won and won! Browns beat Jets for first win since 2016
It's been 635 days since the Browns last won a regular season game
Trump questions why Kavanaugh accuser didn't call FBI after alleged assault
On Thursday, President Donald Trump questioned why the woman who has accused his Supreme Court pick of sexual assault didn't call the police 36 years ago.
Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang Dies After 'Serious Illness'
The largely ceremonial post of president in Vietnam is one of three top leadership positions, along with prime minister and secretary-general of the Communist Party.
Trump admin to move $260M from cancer research, HIV/AIDS and other programs...
The Trump administration is planning to shift more than $260 million to cover rising costs of housing undocumented immigrant children.
Video: Pickup truck driver leads police on chase, ‘drinking beer as he stopped'
Video showed him extend his hands out of the truck's window to surrender, eventually dropping both cans in his hands.
'A popular little girl': 9-year-old with diabetes dies after blood sugar...
The fifth-grader is an organ donor, so while she's gone, she can help other children.
For Kavanaugh, path forward could be like Clarence Thomas'
WASHINGTON - When Clarence Thomas arrived at the Supreme Court in 1991 after a bruising confirmation hearing in which his former employee Anita Hill accused him of sexual...
Supreme Court nominee accuser may testify after all - under right terms
Christine Blasey Ford may personally testify against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh after all, her attorney said
'I was looking for help and no one came'; Puerto Ricans remember horrors of...
Thursday marks one year since Hurricane Maria destroyed parts of Puerto Rico.
Christine Blasey Ford shuts down unproven claim that she blamed the wrong...
Christine Blasey Ford, a 51-year-old research psychologist who accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her, has denied a viral rumor that suggested she could have...