Roads Buckle In Heat Wave, Air Advisory Issued
MINNEAPOLIS - The Memorial Day weekend heat wave is causing some roads to buckle in Minnesota.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation said that the extreme heat is causing some pavement to expand.
“Pavement buckles can be very dangerous for motorists. Try not to drive over a buckle if possible. Instead, slow down and safely move into another lane,” MnDOT tweeted.
Record high temperatures were recorded Sunday across Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas.
The heat took its toll on many roads. Photos posted to Twitter showed Minnehaha Avenue buckled at 46th Street South in Minneapolis.
In Wisconsin, the southbound lane of Interstate 41 near Fond du Lac was shut down for about two hours after the concrete broke apart. In South Dakota, a similar situation was reported along Interstate 90 near Chamberlain.
Several cities have opened up cooling centers, including in Rock County, Wisconsin, and the Twin Cities metro area.
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has issued an air quality alert for Monday,...
The last Posts from "CBS"
- Camp Fire Death Toll Rises To 42; Now Deadliest Wildfire In U.S. History
- Stan Lee, Legendary Marvel Comics Creator, Is Dead At 95
- ‘It's Like The Final Puzzle Piece': Mayo Clinic Now Offering Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Minneapolis VA Brings Veterans Day Event To Hospitalized Vets
- Twins Legend Joe Mauer Leaves Legacy Of Achievement, Kindness
- After Midterm Victory, Gov.-Elect Tim Walz Empowered To Pursue Agenda
- With Dalvin Cook Back, Vikings Ready To Run In Cold Weather
- ‘It's Like The Final Puzzle Piece': Mayo Clinic Now Offering Gender Confirmation Surgery
- NHL, Players Reach Settlement In Concussion Lawsuit
- Former Police Chief Killed In Becker County Hunting Accident
- Monster Jam
- 2 Teens Critically Injured After Driver Strikes Tree Head-On
- ‘My Family Is Still Fighting': 3 Years Since Jamar Clark Shot
- Wisconsin Gov.-Elect Evers Names Chief Of Staff
- 3 Cool Things To Do In St. Paul This Week
- MN Family Welcomes Baby Girl Born 11/11 At 11:11 P.M
- Tim Tebow To Host New CBS Series ‘Million Dollar Mile'
- Joe Mauer Makes MLB Retirement Official
- Jed Copham, Owner Of BIR, Dies After Yacht Accident In Florida
- Facebook Went Down For Users Across The World Monday
The headlines of News BreaK
Democrat Kyrsten Sinema declared winner in Arizona Senate race
Democrat Kyrsten Sinema has beaten Republican opponent Martha McSally in the race for an open Senate in Arizona. Sinema was finally declared the winner of the contest on Monday...
Stan Lee, Marvel Comics icon, dead at 95
Lee is known as the co-creator of popular comics involving heroes such as Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, X-Men, Black Panther, Daredevil and The Avengers.
Stan Lee, Marvel legend, reportedly dead at 95
Former president and chairman of Marvel Comics Stan Lee died Monday at 95 according to The Hollywood Reporter and TMZ. He was reportedly rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center...
West Virginia senator, Army veteran Richard Ojeda announces 2020...
Here's the first official Democratic presidential candidate.
Acting AG Whitaker will consult ethics officials about possible recusal
Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker will consult with ethics officials about “matters that may warrant recusal” amid criticism of his oversight of the Mueller investigation...
Kyrsten Sinema declared winner in close Arizona US Senate race
Democratic U.S. Rep. Kyrsten Sinema will become the first woman to serve in the U.S. Senate from Arizona, succeeding Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, who opted not to run.
11 unforgettable quotes about life from Marvel legend Stan Lee
Stan Lee died at the age of 95 on Monday. Throughout his life, the legendary creator of many beloved Marvel superheroes won fans over with his passion for storytelling and...
Michelle Obama 'stopped even trying to smile' at Trump inauguration
Former first lady Michelle Obama wrote that she was unable to put on a happy face and smile during President Donald Trump's inauguration in her new book.
Ronald Acuna Jr., Shohei Ohtani win rookie of the year awards
Acuna powered the Braves to a surprising season, while former Japanese sensation Ohtani became the best two-way player since Babe Ruth.
'I think my crime, really, was that I dared to support Donald Trump': Roger...
Jerome Corsi, a far-right political commentator and longtime associate of Roger Stone, says he will be indicted for perjury. Corsi was served a subpoena in August by special...