Tech companies lead pack with record highs stocks surge
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks set more records in quiet post-holiday trading yesterday as technology companies again did much of the heavy lifting. Energy companies rose with the price of oil. Macy's and some of its retail counterparts rose after the department store's CEO said Black Friday sales were going well. Online titan Amazon made an even bigger gain. Oil prices and energy companies rose after Bloomberg reported that a group of key oil producers plans to extend production cuts until the end of 2018.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- The Latest: Graduation ceremony to be held after shooting
- Massachusetts, Rhode Island announce offshore wind projects
- Latest: 2 of 3 teen suspects ordered held without bail
- Yulia Skripal says recovery from poisoning 'slow, painful'
- Migrant remittances a big business in cash-starved Venezuela
- Rangers hire Boston University's David Quinn as coach
- Pompeo: Fate of US-NKorea summit rests with Kim Jong Un
- Emergency call: 'I got attacked by a mountain lion'
- The Latest: Premier-designate confirms Italy's place in EU
- Judge: President can't block critics on Twitter
- Yulia Skripal says nerve agent recovery slow and painful
- Brad Stevens will stick with the plan for Game 5
- Partners moves ahead with acquisition of R.I. system
- 911 call: 'I got attacked by a mountain lion, my friend too'
- Study offers new look at why our brains evolved to be so big
- Makeup call: Salemme witnesses to testify in disguise
- Alaska man pleads guilty in Florida airport shooting
- Man found guilty of stabbing teen girl
- NFL owners adopt new policy to address anthem protests
- Boston horse track operator to renovate Berkshires track
The headlines of News BreaK
Uber is stopping its self-driving car testing in Arizona, months after a...
Uber is ending its self-driving car program in Arizona, months after a fatal crash took the life of a pedestrian. AZ Central reported that the transportation firm has has...
Trump ordered to stop blocking people on Twitter
President Trump has been ordered to stop blocking people from his Twitter account just because he doesn't like their political views. A Manhattan federal judge on Wednesday...
NFL adopts new policy addressing anthem protests
Commissioner Roger Goodell says team and league personnel on the field shall stand and show respect for the flag and the anthem.
Man pleads guilty in deadly airport shooting in exchange for life prison...
The plea deal was struck after prosecutors announced they wouldn't seek the death penalty.
Reactions to NFL national anthem policy requiring players on field to stand
Team owners voted to approve a proposal on Wednesday requiring players to stand during the playing of the national anthem.
Head Of Southern Baptist Seminary Removed Over Remarks On Rape, Abuse Of Women
Paige Patterson has been under fire for past counsel to women of abuse to simply pray for their husbands. On Tuesday, a new allegation surfaced that he advised a student not to...
Tens of thousands of Las Vegas casino workers OK strike
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas casinos could watch tens of thousands of employees walk off the job for the first time in more than three decades after union members voted to authorize a...
Details of new NFL national-anthem policy appear to show league caved to Trump
The NFL has a new national-anthem policy and it appears that the league caved to the demands of President Donald Trump and those who vilified the ongoing protests of players...
Legend of Loch Ness Monster will be tested with DNA samples
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The stories seem as tall as the lake is deep. For hundreds of years, visitors to Scotland's Loch Ness have described seeing a monster that some...
Alex Jones sued by more families over Sandy Hook hoax claims
Six more families of victims killed in the Sandy Hook massacre - and an FBI agent who responded to the scene - are suing conspiracy monger Alex Jones over his on-air claims...