Suspect in waitress slashing returning to Massachusetts
BOSTON - The man suspected of slashing the neck of a waitress who tried to stop him from leaving a Boston-area restaurant without paying is being returned to Massachusetts. A spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney says detectives took custody of 36-year-old Gerardo Menjivar in Maryland on Wednesday. Menjivar faces arraignment Thursday on charges including attempted murder in connection with the May 7 attack outside Las Pupusas Del Chino restaurant in Chelsea.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- NHL Team-by-Team Draft Selections
- The Latest: FIFA weighs discipline over Balkan displays
- Elizabeth Warren says 'soul of our country' at stake
- Man jailed for 36 years in killing of Chicago policeman is freed after confession is tossed
- The Latest: Sweden coach miffed at Germans' celebration
- Hurricanes get Hamilton in 5-player trade with Flames
- The Latest: Kroos' late winner revives Germany hopes
- Kroos scores late to give Germany 2-1 win over Sweden
- Bjerregaard, Kaymer among 6 BMW International Open leaders
- Belgium looks best yet at World Cup in 5-2 rout of Tunisia
- Mexico's 2-1 victory over South Korea silences critics
- HIGH SCHOOLS: Westford Academy announces its latest Hall of Fame Class
- The Latest: Kroos scores stoppage-time winner for Germany
- Stars flock to the Dior debut of Kim Jones at Paris menswear
- The Latest: Toivonen gives Sweden a 1-0 lead over Germany
- Bruins take two Euros early on Saturday
- The Latest: Ozil's absence notable for Germany vs Sweden
- Debate over migrants divides EU; Mini-summit seeks solutions
- Drug bust yields 400 pills, 10 grams of heroin
- Sanders says she was told to leave Virginia restaurant
The headlines of News BreaK
Mexico keeps rolling with win over South Korea
El Tri took a massive step towards the knockout stages with a 2-1 win over South Korea, their second straight victory to begin the World Cup
Sarah Sanders says she was kicked out of restaurant because she works for Trump
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said she was kicked out of a Virginia restaurant by its owner because she works for President Donald Trump.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Was Kicked Out Of A Restaurant Because Of Trump
The White House press secretary was asked to leave The Red Hen in Virginia.
GOP congressional candidate seriously injured in South Carolina car crash
Katie Arrington's campaign manager says the candidate has been seriously injured in a car wreck and will require weeks of recovery and more procedures.
Planned Parenthood sues
Planned Parenthood is suing the Department of Health and Human Services over changes to the agency's embattled Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program. The organization claims that...
Germany salvage World Cup hopes with late winner against Sweden in Sochi
A late winner from Toni Kroos gave Germany a 2-1 win over Sweden and salvaged their World Cup hopes in a thrilling encounter in Sochi.
Trump administration seeks expansion for immigrant family detention
The Trump administration is calling for the expanded use of family detention for immigrant parents and children who are stopped along the U.S.-Mexico border.
Saudi women are on the roads and driving as ban is lifted
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi women are in the driver's seat for the first time in their country and steering their way through busy city streets just minutes after the world's...
NHL trades 2018: Flames, Hurricanes shake things up with five-player swap...
The Calgary Flames and Carolina Hurricanes made news on Day 2 of the NHL Draft with a trade featuring defensemen Noah Hanifin and Dougie Hamilton, and forwards Elias Lindholm...
Flames-Hurricanes trade grades: Carolina's new regime makes big splash...
The Carolina Hurricanes made a big splash on the second day of the NHL Draft, acquiring both Dougie Hamilton and Adam Fox.