Suspect in waitress slashing returning to Massachusetts
BOSTON - The man suspected of slashing the neck of a waitress who tried to stop him from leaving a Boston-area restaurant without paying is being returned to Massachusetts. A spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney says detectives took custody of 36-year-old Gerardo Menjivar in Maryland on Wednesday. Menjivar faces arraignment Thursday on charges including attempted murder in connection with the May 7 attack outside Las Pupusas Del Chino restaurant in Chelsea.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- Editorial: Endowment tax a bad idea
- Sidelined Saugus football coach hits court
- Analysis: Christine Blasey Fords testimony sure to be a ‘circus'
- Jonathan Van Ness sells out Museum of Science appearance
- Columbia Gas paid $1.1M in fines
- Marijuana commission close to grinding out final licenses
- Hot Property: Here's what's new in Ashmont
- State police pilots lauded for river rescue
- ABC News documentary leads to HIPAA violation fines against Boston hospitals
- Suffolk DA rivals set to face off
- Ayanna Pressley on Christine Blasey Ford: 'I believe her'
- Tow truck driver pleaded: ‘I didn't see anything!'
- Cop's widow lashes out at slay suspect
- AG: 3 lieutenants indicted in OT probe
- Howie Carr: Take away perps' pensions
- Ivanka Trump tours NASA center in Houston, calls space crew
- Only in New York: McGregor takes shots, swigs 'em in return
- Sergio Garcia dedicates round to slain college golfer
- Magic already excited by LeBron's offseason impact on Lakers
- Funeral to be held for mother of alleged MS-13 victim
The headlines of News BreaK
Won, won and won! Browns beat Jets for first win since 2016
It's been 635 days since the Browns last won a regular season game
Trump questions why Kavanaugh accuser didn't call FBI after alleged assault
On Thursday, President Donald Trump questioned why the woman who has accused his Supreme Court pick of sexual assault didn't call the police 36 years ago.
Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang Dies After 'Serious Illness'
The largely ceremonial post of president in Vietnam is one of three top leadership positions, along with prime minister and secretary-general of the Communist Party.
Trump admin to move $260M from cancer research, HIV/AIDS and other programs...
The Trump administration is planning to shift more than $260 million to cover rising costs of housing undocumented immigrant children.
Video: Pickup truck driver leads police on chase, ‘drinking beer as he stopped'
Video showed him extend his hands out of the truck's window to surrender, eventually dropping both cans in his hands.
'A popular little girl': 9-year-old with diabetes dies after blood sugar...
The fifth-grader is an organ donor, so while she's gone, she can help other children.
For Kavanaugh, path forward could be like Clarence Thomas'
WASHINGTON - When Clarence Thomas arrived at the Supreme Court in 1991 after a bruising confirmation hearing in which his former employee Anita Hill accused him of sexual...
Supreme Court nominee accuser may testify after all - under right terms
Christine Blasey Ford may personally testify against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh after all, her attorney said
'I was looking for help and no one came'; Puerto Ricans remember horrors of...
Thursday marks one year since Hurricane Maria destroyed parts of Puerto Rico.
Christine Blasey Ford shuts down unproven claim that she blamed the wrong...
Christine Blasey Ford, a 51-year-old research psychologist who accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her, has denied a viral rumor that suggested she could have...