Suspect in waitress slashing returning to Massachusetts
BOSTON - The man suspected of slashing the neck of a waitress who tried to stop him from leaving a Boston-area restaurant without paying is being returned to Massachusetts. A spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney says detectives took custody of 36-year-old Gerardo Menjivar in Maryland on Wednesday. Menjivar faces arraignment Thursday on charges including attempted murder in connection with the May 7 attack outside Las Pupusas Del Chino restaurant in Chelsea.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- Haverhill woman killed in SUV crash on I-93 in Medford
- Police: Victim of overnight stabbing in East Boston in critical condition
- Aurora shooting victims ranged from intern to plant manager
- Early-voting states are focus for Democrats in 2020 contest
- COMCAST DIV. 2 GIRLS BASKETBALL: Fields day for Coyle-Cassidy, Warriors win to advance to the finals against Natick
- BOYS HOCKEY: Framingham makes Super statement
- BOYS HOCKEY: Russo nets game-winner in OT as Austin Prep defeats crosstown rival Reading
- DIVISION 3 WRESTLING: Taconic makes history, edges defending champion Dedham for first title
- ‘Saturday Night Live': Alec Baldwin returns to declare ‘Wall Works' in national emergency address
- COMCAST DIV. 1 GIRLS BASKETBALL: No. 1 Cathedral, defending Div. 1 state champion Braintree advance to the finals
- DIVISION 1 WRESTLING: Springfield Central dominates, wins sixth team title
- Aurora attacker took gun to work he shouldn't have owned
- In Brexit limbo, UK veers between high anxiety, grim humor
- BU looks to end streak vs Holy Cross
- Amazon's Deep Bench Calms Investors DespiteÂ Bezos Scandal, NYC Rift
- GIRLS SWIMMING: Westford Academy carts home another Division 1 title
- Durgin-Park restaurant memorabilia up for auction
- Seal pup rescued after wandering onto Massachusetts road
- GIRLS SWIMMING: Wayland edges Duxbury, wins first Div. 2 state title since 2014
- BASKETBALL: Sunday's IAABO 27 schedule at Woburn High School
The headlines of News BreaK
A look at the victims of the Illinois mass shooting
The victims of disgruntled employee who opened fire at a suburban Chicago industrial warehouse were co-workers ranging from an intern to a plant manager.
Acting US defense secretary will review programs to cut for wall funding
Patrick Shanahan said, beginning Sunday, he will start studying which projects military money may come from to shift funds toward a border wall following President Donald...
Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault against him last month.
Madrid stunned by Girona, sees Barcelona increase its lead
MADRID - Real Madrid was stunned by struggling Girona on Sunday, losing 2-1 at home to see Barcelona extend its lead at the top of the Spanish league standings. Real Madrid was...
Return to sender: High court to hear undeliverable mail case
WASHINGTON - Mitch Hungerpiller thought he had a first-class solution for mail that gets returned as undeliverable, a common problem for businesses that send lots of letters...
White House indicates Trump to veto disapproval of emergency
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A top adviser to President Donald Trump is indicating that Trump is prepared to issue the first veto of his term if Congress votes to disapprove of his...
‘Any intruder is an enemy': Assad says only the state can protect groups in...
DAMASCUS, Syria - Only the Syrian state can protect groups in northern Syria and the army will “liberate every inch of Syria” from foreign troops, Syrian President Bashar Assad...
Chicago police want to question ‘Empire' actor Jussie Smollett after...
NBA All-Star Game 2019: Time, TV channel, live stream for Team LeBron vs...
Here's everything to know about the 2019 NBA All-Star Game, including how to watch live on TV and stream online plus complete rosters of starters and reserves for the selection...
Trump's U.N. pick Heather Nauert withdraws over nanny's work status, unpaid...
State Dept. spokeswoman Heather Nauert, President Donald Trump's pick to be Washington's next U.N. ambassador, has withdrawn from consideration for the job, after a background...