NFL owners adopt new policy to address anthem protests
ATLANTA - NFL owners approved a new policy Thursday aimed at addressing the firestorm over national anthem protests, permitting players to stay in the locker room during the "The Star-Spangled Banner" but requiring them to stand if they come to the field. Commissioner Roger Goodell said the change was approved unanimously by the owners at their spring meeting in Atlanta, but it was met with immediate skepticism by the players' union.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- Bruins adjust to rules on big hits
- 129 guns found in home of S. Carolina police ambush suspect
- Trump attacks porn actress Stormy Daniels as 'Horseface'
- Red Sox uncertain of Chris Sale's status for ALCS Game 5 start
- BU gives the 'all clear' after report of gunman
- BU orders some to shelter in place after report of a man with a gun
- Bears offense will have a familiar look for the Patriots
- Morris can understand if Sixers bear a grudge
- Indicted Fall River mayor refuses to step down
- US airstrike in Somalia kills about 60 al-Shabab fighters
- Horror maestro Jason Blum revives ‘Halloween'
- Cops: Worcester man stabbed at meeting with online hook-up
- Editorial: We can't afford Jay Gonzalez's ideas
- Elizabeth Warren's DNA raises question
- President Trump slams Elizabeth Warren's Native American DNA test results
- Liz Warren fails this Indian heritage test
- Vets deserve our gratitude, honor
- Police: Woman killed in Dorchester shooting
- MIT putting $1B into computing, AI studies
- Democrats need to burst their bubble
The headlines of News BreaK
Nevada brothel owner running for state Legislature found dead
Nevada authorities say Dennis Hof, a legal pimp who fashioned himself as a Donald Trump-style Republican candidate for state Legislature, has died. He was 72.
126 guns seized from ‘chilling' scene of mass officer shooting, sheriff says
“Going inside the house is chilling,” Richland County, South Carolina, Sheriff Leon Lott said.
Pippa Middleton has just given birth to a baby boy - here's a look back at...
Pippa Middleton and James Matthews welcomed a new baby boy on Monday . In the past nine months, Pippa has been spotted in some stylish maternity looks. She's worn a mix of...
Self-proclaimed women respecter Donald Trump calls Stormy Daniels ‘Horseface'
President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly claimed that nobody respects women more than him, referred to Stormy Daniels as “Horseface” in a tweet on Tuesday. “Federal Judge...
Despite early flu deaths, health officials say signs point to 'milder flu...
The child, the first to die in the state, had not received a flu vaccination.
USA Gymnastics CEO is out over Kaepernick tweet, Nassar link
That's two in two months. Mary Bono resigned from USA Gymnastics on Tuesday, four days after she was named interim CEO of the organization. She had taken the reins from CEO...
Critically endangered bongo calf named Taylor Swift escapes zoo enclosure
Taylor Swift didn't need a getaway car to escape from an exhibit at the Sacramento Zoo.
Meghan and Harry announced their pregnancy on a sensitive day
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are facing backlash after announcing their pregnancy on International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.
I was 'horrified,' California student says classmate's cookie contained...
Davis police are investigating reports that two Da Vinci Charter Academy students brought cookies they baked containing one of their grandfather's cremated remains to school...
Angels announce they're opting out of Anaheim stadium lease
The team began playing in Angel Stadium in 1966.