NFL owners adopt new policy to address anthem protests
ATLANTA - NFL owners approved a new policy Thursday aimed at addressing the firestorm over national anthem protests, permitting players to stay in the locker room during the "The Star-Spangled Banner" but requiring them to stand if they come to the field. Commissioner Roger Goodell said the change was approved unanimously by the owners at their spring meeting in Atlanta, but it was met with immediate skepticism by the players' union.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- WHAT'S HAPPENING: Trump to discuss border amid outrage
- Dutch detain 3 men suspected of Islamic State group links
- Man killed in I-495 rollover
- Transgender woman sent to men's prison in Philadelphia: Experience was ‘dehumanizing'
- Indiana trooper wins praise for stopping too slow driver
- Florida has most in the nation to lose from sea rise
- 123 Nassar victims urge Michigan State board to fire Engler
- Germany: Syrian teen admits assault on man wearing skullcap
- Spraying snake with gas leads to house blaze in Finland
- Kevin Garnett imparts his NBA wisdom to draft prospects on Turner Sports' ‘Next Up'
- Senators trade winger Mike Hoffman to Sharks
- Deputies search for suspects in rapper XXXTentacion slaying
- 3 men die of 6 wounded in southern Sweden drive-by shooting
- US housing starts jumped 5 pct. in May off Midwest building
- No motive, arrests in fatal shooting of rapper XXXTentacion
- Bruce Springsteen performs at benefit at bowling ally
- CVS Health will now deliver prescriptions to your home
- Croatian man convicted over Nazi salute in Austria
- China hopes for implementation of NKorea-US summit outcome
- Man pleads guilty to stealing from bank ATMs
The headlines of News BreaK
Elementary school drops Confederate name in favor of Barack Obama
A Virginia elementary school will switch its name from that of a Confederate general to that of the nation's first black president.
China says North Korean leader Kim Jong Un visiting Beijing
Chinese state media say North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will make a two-day visit starting Tuesday
Trump threatens all-out trade war with China, tariffs on $200 billion worth...
President Donald Trump directed the US Trade Representative's office to draw up a list of $200 billion worth of Chinese goods to subject to an additional 10% tariff. Trump said...
Rapper XXXTentacion fatally shot in Florida, police say
Rapper XXXTentacion was shot and killed during an apparent robbery Monday in Broward County, Florida, police said.
Stocks are getting whacked as Trump moves toward an all-out trade war with China
President Donald Trump threatened an all-out trade war with China by announcing the possibility of tariffs on an additional $200 billion worth of Chinese goods. The S&P 500 is...
Twin brothers reunited 74 years after WWII death at Normandy
Senators trade Mike Hoffman amid cyberbullying allegations from wife of Erik...
Hoffman and his fiancee Monika Caryk have been accused of harassment and cyber attacks against Karlsson and his wife Melinda.
Woodchuck blamed for swiping flags from veterans' graves
ADAMS, Mass. - Authorities say furry critters, not vandals, are likely to blame for American flags that disappeared from veterans' graves in Massachusetts. The flags at...
Colombia vs Japan: Live blog, text commentary, line-ups, stream & TV channel
Colombia will be looking to repeat their standout performance in Brazil four years ago with an opening Group H match against Japan in Russia
Poland vs Senegal: TV channel, live stream, squad news & preview
Group H is arguably the most competitive at the World Cup and both teams will be looking for a positive start to the tournament in Russia