Lehner stops 29 shots in Sabres 3-1 win over Oilers
BUFFALO, N.Y. - After spending much of the past two weeks talking about playing a complete game, Jack Eichel and the Buffalo Sabres finally came out and proved they could put their words into action. Eichel scored what proved to be game-winning goal in the opening minute of the third period, Robin Lehner stopped 29 shots and the Sabres snapped an 0-5-2 skid with a 3-1 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Friday night.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- The Latest: State TV says Turkey shells entrance to Afrin
- Woman who accused Clarence Thomas of harassment pens op-ed calling for his impeachment
- Miguel Cabrera on paternity suit: I'm here to play baseball
- Trump ranks last in ‘Presidential Greatness Survey'
- Jets willing to pay ‘whatever it takes' for Kirk Cousins: report
- Little change in TV ratings for new-look NBA All-Star Game
- Nancy Kerrigan's attacker speaks in trailer for new Shane Stant documentary
- Rydzek leads German sweep in Nordic combined at Olympics
- UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- Blackhawks ban 4 from home games due to racist taunt
- South Korea wins penalty-filled 3,000 relay in short track
- Radiohead playing Boston in July
- French ice dancer doesn't risk another wardrobe malfunction
- Norway tops Slovenia, 1st Olympic men's hockey win since '94
- US rides Zapolski, college kids to Olympic quarterfinals
- Fourcade first to win 3 gold medals at Pyeongchang Olympics
- For Olympic fans, the real fun starts after the games
- The Latest: Pro-government Syrian fighters enter Afrin
The headlines of News BreaK
Rite Aid is being sold to grocery store chain Albertsons
Albertsons owns Safeway, Vons and other grocery brands. Now it's getting deeper into the pharmacy business with a deal to buy Rite Aid.
Bride gets stuck in elevator on way to wedding reception
She missed cocktail hour!
While you were sleeping: Uh oh - Slovenian hockey player fails Olympic drug test
Hot Buttered Post is your daily guide to can't-miss events and the headlines you need to start your Olympic day. All times ET. While you were sleeping ANOTHER ONE Slovenian...
Teacher in video body-slamming student reportedly fired
A substitute teacher in North Carolina was fired this week after video footage emerged of him apparently slamming a 12-year-old student to the ground. The incident, which...
President Donald Trump endorses Mitt Romney for Senate
The endorsement marked the latest chapter in an at-times tumultuous relationship.
Norway tops Slovenia, 1st Olympic men's hockey win since '94
GANGNEUNG, South Korea - Patrick Thoresen knows it has been a long time since Norway won a men's hockey game at the Olympics. It's not even a sure thing to qualify. So on...
Winter Olympics 2018: What to watch Tuesday, Feb. 20, in Pyeongchang
Key events for the U.S. on Tuesday include the women's downhill in Alpine skiing and the women's singles portion of figure skating.
Trump: Dems defended election integrity until they lost
WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump is again accusing his predecessor of not doing enough to prevent Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. Trump tweets that's...
EU advocate says Poland broke law by logging in forest
WARSAW, Poland - The European Union's top advocate said Tuesday that Poland has infringed environmental laws with its massive logging of trees in one of Europe's last pristine...
R. Kelly evicted, owes $30K in unpaid rent for Georgia homes
Court filings show Kelly paid $3,000 a month and $11,542 a month, respectively, for two homes just 2 miles apart.