Fisheries Service overhauls rules for New England waters
PORTLAND, Maine - The federal government is close to enacting new rules about New England ocean habitat that could mean dramatic changes for the way it manages the marine environment and fisheries. The National Marine Fisheries Service has been working on the rules for 13 years and recently made them public. They would change the way the government manages the Gulf of Maine, Georges Bank and southern New England waters, which are critical pieces of ocean for rare whales, unique underwater canyons and commercial fishermen.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- Safety group releases its list of 'worst' toys
- Japan rallies to beat MLB All-Stars 5-3 to lead series 3-1
- Former health agent charged with forging inspections
- Congressman in tight race sues over ranked-voting system
- Greens in Massachusetts claim official party status for 2020
- Dogs and DNA: Search for California fire victims intensifies
- Final count delayed, Georgia election turns to the courts
- Amazon opens new outposts in New York, northern Virginia
- Joe Perry tweets he's 'doing well' after health scare
- Police: Man shot, killed in Brockton
- White House rips ‘grandstanding' CNN after cable network files lawsuit to reinstate Jim Acosta's credentials
- Report: Patriots TE Dwayne Allen to miss a few weeks with knee injury
- Amazon bypasses Hub for HQ2
- Frederick Berry, former Senate majority leader, dies at 68
- Iconic Barbie fashion comes alive in vintage collaboration
- Airbnb sues Boston over short-term rental rules
- The Latest: NY El Chapo trial openings delayed
- Bill Belichick won't use rule changes as excuse for breakdowns in kick coverage
- FBI looks to crack down on social media hoaxes
- Tuukka Rask back at Bruins practice
The headlines of News BreaK
Second 'Toy Story 4' teaser trailer introduces more new toys
The second trailer in one week introduces fans to Ducky and Bunny, voiced by comedy duo Key and Peele.
CNN filed a First Amendment lawsuit against the Trump administration for...
CNN filed a lawsuit against President Donald Trump and his aides, Tuesday, for the administration's revocation of Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta's press pass. The...
Amazon officially announces its HQ2 will be split between New York and Virginia
Amazon has officially announced that it will split its second headquarters project, which it calls HQ2 , in two. The winning cities are the Long Island City section of Queens...
‘They basically saw a black man with a gun': Security guard killed by cops...
A police officer fatally shot an armed security guard who was holding a man down following a shooting inside the bar where he worked, says an attorney for the guard's family.
The one where Ross had an alibi: Beer thief suspect who looked like...
The one where Ross needed an alibi.
Trump looking to dump Nielsen as Homeland Security secretary
President Trump has decided to soon get rid of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, whom he has blamed for a surge in illegal border crossings and criticized her...
Maryland AG files motion challenging Whitaker appointment
Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh filed a motion Tuesday challenging the appointment of Matthew Whitaker as acting attorney general.
Blood pressure drug recall expands; another heart medication possibly...
Those using drugs to keep their high blood pressure in check might want to scan the medicine cabinet.
Capitals F Tom Wilson's suspension reduced to 14 games
The Capitals forward initially received a 20-game ban for his brutal hit on Blues center Oskar Sundqvist during the preseason.
HQ2: What's in it for New York, Virginia? Amazon lays out some perks
After eight years of fraught relations with Seattle, the company laid out a few specific perks for one of its new host cities.