Fisheries Service overhauls rules for New England waters
PORTLAND, Maine - The federal government is close to enacting new rules about New England ocean habitat that could mean dramatic changes for the way it manages the marine environment and fisheries. The National Marine Fisheries Service has been working on the rules for 13 years and recently made them public. They would change the way the government manages the Gulf of Maine, Georges Bank and southern New England waters, which are critical pieces of ocean for rare whales, unique underwater canyons and commercial fishermen.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- Turbulent Senate race now in hands of Alabama voters
- Dangerous winds persist as wildfires roar in California
- Guregian: Tom Brady the main culprit in a bad night for the Patriots
- The Ticker
- Highlighted Letter: Joke's on taxpayers
- SideTrack: Mario Batali, Boston Bruins and more
- Skeptics calling for transparency on ‘Smart City' sensors
- Atkins: Transgender in the military OK'd - with a hitch
- Cashman: Amherst Care Bear display is juvenile, ‘frankly offensive'
- Best and Worst of Patriots' loss to Dolphins
- Steve Bannon: Race greater than Alabama
- Borges: Loss to Dolphins a throw-back to days we don't want to remember
- Jay Cutler-led Miami Dolphins offense picks apart Patriots defense
- Patriots put up Monday Night stinker vs. Dolphins
- Patriots notebook: Duron Harmon tries another speech to spark defense
- Gelzinis: Testimony recalls senseless shooting of woman, 26
- Yankees rout Red Sox when it comes to Stanton trade
- Chavez: Anti-immigrant groups driven by ulterior motives
- Cohen: Time to toughen up laws on visas, internet
- Ballet's hunt one tough nut to crack
The headlines of News BreaK
Merriam-Webster's word of the year for 2017: 'Feminism'
NEW YORK - This may or may not come as a surprise: Merriam-Webster's word of the year for 2017 is "feminism.
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee dies at age 65
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee died early Tuesday morning, his office said.
Pentagon says it will allow transgender people to enlist in military...
Despite the president's opposition, the Pentagon says it will allow transgender people to enlist in the military beginning next year.
5 things to watch in Alabama's high stakes Senate race
WASHINGTON - As Alabama votes to fill the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the choice between Republican Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones has taken on outsized...
NFL Network analysts suspended over sexual harassment claims
Three NFL Network analysts have been suspended after Jami Cantor, a former wardrobe stylist at the network, filed a complaint against NFL Enterprises alleging sexual harassment...
Turbulent Senate race now in hands of Alabama voters
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Depending on who is making the case, Alabama's special Senate election Tuesday is about either continuing the “Trump miracle” in Washington or allowing...
India says Chinese construction on river dirtying water
GAUHATI, India - Officials in India's northeast are complaining that Chinese construction activity on the upper reaches of one of the largest rivers that flows into India are...
Moore's wife: One of their attorneys ‘is a Jew'
MIDLAND CITY, Ala. - The wife of embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore fought back against accusations that her husband doesn't support blacks or Jews, saying at one...
Trump to send astronauts to the moon - and eventually to Mars
In response to National Space Council's recommendations, the president is seeking to reignite U.S. space policy.
Russian youth activists canvass uphill for opposition leader
MOSCOW - Moscow teenagers Kirill Strizhov and Alexander Pelevin have never known a Russia without President Vladimir Putin. Now, they say, the time has come for a younger...