A 9/11 journey banned from court forever
Many nights I tossed and turned thinking how to best cover a 9/11 trial. Would it be a wrongful death case? No. Out of the nearly 3,000 souls murdered that day, all their loved ones closed every last case. They either were paid out of the Congressional fund set up for survivors of 9/11 victoms or they settled out of court. Many fought for that same day in court to air what went wrong on that solemn September morning. But it will never be. Would it be the World Trade Center Properties lawsuit that would crack open this can of worms? No.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- Vermont nominates 1st US transgender candidate for governor
- Rescuers comb concrete and steel after bridge collapse
- Immigrant suit: Feds setting traps
- Delicately Balanced Moon by Holiday Mathis
- Bill pushes petition for OUI hardship license
- Feds: Arrest at Lynn schools violated student's rights
- Don't yet turn page on great summer books
- Nothing about ex-FBI agent Peter Strzok is ‘by, of and for the people'
- Trouble brewing for Red Sox
- Shattuck: Latest clergy sex abuse allegations graphic, disturbing
- Officials: People living illegally in rented spaces
- Mayor Martin J. Walsh comes out against boycott of Samuel Adams beer
- Cardinal O'Malley, archdiocese have no commment on Pa. scandal
- ‘There was blood everywhere' in fatal Mattapan triple shooting
- Scott Lively claims victory in apparent appeals court defeat
- Church report: 1,000 child victims in Pennsylvania
- Vet ‘haunted' by ‘Puppy Doe'
- Allston's Casa Caña serves sophisticated cocktails to toast National Rum Day
- Wednesday Night
The headlines of News BreaK
Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer concedes GOP primary to Secretary of State Kris Kobach
Colyer said in a statement he hopes to see Kansas remain in Republican hands
Man who followed teen into restroom beaten to death by girl's father, police say
The father punched, kicked and stomped the man, according to authorities.
Puig takes swing at Hundley before Giants rally past Dodgers
LOS ANGELES - Yasiel Puig took a swing at Giants catcher Nick Hundley during a benches-clearing scrap in the seventh inning, then Alen Hanson hit an RBI single in the ninth to...
Pennsylvania Supreme Court releases grand jury investigation into alleged...
The report is the result of a nearly two-year-long investigation that spans seven decades.
Nun caught smuggling cocaine in shoe heels was misled by online boyfriend...
Customs officers said they found two pounds of drugs in the high heels of her shoes she had packed.
Nebraska executes inmate with powerful opioid fentanyl in state's first...
Carey Dean Moore's execution is the first in Nebraska since 1997.
British media say crash suspect is Briton of Sudanese origin
LONDON - British media are reporting that the suspect in the Parliament crash being treated as terrorism is 29-year old British citizen of Sudanese origin named Salih Khater...
Rodeo bull escaped from stockyards, chased people in downtown Oklahoma City
It nearly crushed a citizen, according to the police report.
Woman steals ambulance from hospital, leads officers on 10-mile chase...
A woman was arrested after she allegedly stole an ambulance and led officers on an 11-minute pursuit that reached speeds up to 90 mph.
Tim Pawlenty's Gubernatorial Comeback Falls Short In Minnesota
Former state Rep. Jeff Johnson won the state's GOP gubernatorial nomination.