A 9/11 journey banned from court forever
Many nights I tossed and turned thinking how to best cover a 9/11 trial. Would it be a wrongful death case? No. Out of the nearly 3,000 souls murdered that day, all their loved ones closed every last case. They either were paid out of the Congressional fund set up for survivors of 9/11 victoms or they settled out of court. Many fought for that same day in court to air what went wrong on that solemn September morning. But it will never be. Would it be the World Trade Center Properties lawsuit that would crack open this can of worms? No.Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "Boston Herald"
- Where is the Red Sox competition for a bat-first upgrade?
- Patriots need to bounce back quickly with Steelers on tap
- Tuukka Rask will start for Bruins in Detroit
- Dems say Trump's tweets about Gillibrand sexist, crude
- The Latest: White House disputes Trump sexual misconduct
- State to offer lower tuition rates to Hurricane Maria victims
- Belichick, McDaniels bemoan offensive imbalance in loss to Miami
- Ancient penguin was as big as a Pittsburgh Penguin
- Tax package would ease hit to residents of high-tax states
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' becomes Fandango's top 2017 ticket seller
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' rockets to dominant social media buzz
- Banks lead US stock indexes mostly higher in afternoon trade
- The Latest: Prosecutor: Bomb suspect wanted maximum damage
- Stormtroopers and princes on London's 'Last Jedi' red carpet
- Female workers sue McCormick & Schmick's over lewd behavior
- The Latest: Trump reiterates call for immigration overhaul
- Dems say Trump's tweets about Gillibrand sexist, unsavory
- Review: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi' is a grandiose, epic space opera
- NFL Network suspends analysts over sexual misconduct suit
- After bitter campaign, Alabama Senate race goes to voters
The headlines of News BreaK
NYC subway bomb suspect charged with supporting terrorism
Bomb-sniffing dogs are part of the police presence as commuters resume their daily activities in the wake of the blast in a subway passageway.
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee has died at age 65
City officials confirm Lee died early Tuesday morning
The Latest: Jones met with cheers as he casts his ballot
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Latest on Alabama's U.S. Senate election : 8:55 a.m. Democratic nominee Doug Jones was met by cheering supporters as he cast his ballot in Alabama's U.S...
Man trying to steal wheels found dead under van that fell on him in...
A man who apparently tried to steal wheels from a van is found dead Tuesday in Homewood, with the vehicle on top of him, authorities say.
Bus driver, student dead following Iowa school bus fire
The bus was fully engulfed in flames before any crews arrived on scene.
Family awarded $15.6 million in beer pong death
Police said a fight erupted after two men lost a $10 wager on the game and began accusing others of cheating.
Trump blasts accusations of sexual misconduct as 'fabricated'
The president says he doesn't know the women who accused him of sexually harassing them.
Roy Moore rode up on horseback to cast his vote in Alabama's special election
GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore rode his horse to the ballot box before Tuesday's major Alabama election. He did the same for September's primary election. Embattled GOP Senate...
NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, two other ex-players over claims of...
The NFL Network suspended a trio of analysts, including Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, after allegations of sexual harassment by a former co-worker. The former...
Ancient penguin was as big as a Pittsburgh Penguin
NEW YORK - Fossils from New Zealand have revealed a giant penguin that was the size of a grown man. In fact, it was about as big as the captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The...