• Virginia teen suffers third-degree burns from Giant Hogweed plant

    7 monthes ago - By WGN TV

    RICHMOND, Va. - Doctors have discharged a Virginia teenager who received burns from an invasive Giant Hogweed plant.
    Alex Childress was working a landscaping job clearing vegetation near Spotsylvania on Tuesday when he felt intense burns originally thought to be caused by a sunburn.
    Childress' father, Justin, said they later discovered his pain was caused by a brief encounter with sap from the Giant Hogweed plant.
    "Alex continued working throughout the day once he got it on his face," Justin told WTVR. "When he got home he got into the shower and the skin on his face was basically peeling...
    Read more ...